Follow the suggested route, or make your own, to visit all the interactive pitstops sprinkled throughout the neighborhood–check out familiar landmarks and get to know new spots.
This year’s West Bank Ride will be October 4, 2014, from 1:00pm-4:00pm.
You can pre-register online or in person at the starting point (registration table will be open from 1:00pm- 3:30pm.)
The ride will kick off in front of the Hub bike shop.Then, use our suggested route to visit any of the following 13 arty and fun stops – or carve your own path!
- Start! The Hub: While you’re checking in you can have your bike checked for any last minute tweaks and fixes, create some “Streetcorner Letterpress”
- Town Hall: SPOKES presents bike trivia! Test your bike know-how and how-to.
- Nomad World Pub: Altered Esthetics presents: Tim Uhl’s solo exhibition.
- Murphy Park (behind Augsburg College: Get with the beat! – Join the Heart & Soul African Drum academy for African drumming
- Mixed Blood: Join the UofM CHANCE program for some bike decorating, or view the local mural created by young artists from the Brian Coyle Center.
- Brian Coyle Center collaborates with Altered Esthetics on a collection of works by Somali artists.
- Brian Coyle / Currie Park: Spin some Very Tall Tales with local stiltwalkers stepping from Light Rail station to Light Rail station!
- 7West Apartments collaborates with Altered Esthetics gallery on a collection of works by local Minneapolis artists
- Katherine Nash Gallery: Check out the interactive thinking making living exhibition.
- Gage Family Art Gallery: Explore the Tara Sweeney CLOSE TO HOME exhibit: A Visual Journal
- Acadia Cafe: Take a pit stop and take a selfie with the West Bank selfie station! Also enjoy a selection of works curated by Altered Esthetics gallery.
- Christensen Center Art Gallery: View the THE FAIR UNKNOWN exhibit with Josie Lew
- Freewheel Bike: wrap up your ride and chill out at Freewheel Bike! Take a lesson in learning to fix a flat, or enjoy a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase.